The Mackenzie Alpine Hiking Tour offers hikers a wilderness hiking experience, where there are no groomed trails .Your guides follow a wonderful route between the huts, which offers a more natural ease of footing within the backcountry terrain and landscapes.
The terrain in this incredible part of the Mackenzie Backcountry is a mix of gravel river bed, golden tussock grasslands, rocky scree and uneven surfaces.
You will be hiking through rougher terrain that requires more of a sure footed hiker.
Read More Details Here: BACKCOUNTRY TERRAIN
Please rate yourself from level 1- 5 with 5 being the most
LEVEL 1 – Newbie
- I am a beginner hike, I don’t hike that much.
LEVEL 2 – Beginner
- I like to hike on occasion, day hikes from 1-2 hrs max on smooth even flat terrain.
LEVEL 3 – Intermediate
- I like to take day hikes over 3 hrs and am comfortable with going uphill with some good cardio output.
LEVEL 4 – Strong
- I enjoy harder hikes, with steep ascents and descents, I am comfortable on uneven terrain. I am ok to carry weight in my pack and have done some backpacking or am keen to get into it.
LEVEL 5 – Advanced
- I am an avid hiker/ tramper and am comfortable carrying a backpack with weight. I am very capable on uneven terrain and look for a great challenge or like to summit peaks.
Fitness Level 1-5
Please also check our AM I FIT ENOUGH page, and please rate your level of fitness from 1-5 with 5 being super fit.
- I would like to be in shape, I go to the gym 1 x per week and walk on occasion.
- I am in good shape, I enjoy good cardio workouts or bikes and hikes that get my heart pumping.
- I am fit and exercises if part of my almost daily routine, good cardio output and enjoy a good challenge.